Feel free to enjoy gambling for all the fun and excitement it offers but be aware of problem gambling danger signs and how to play safe.
Responsible gambling is all about being aware of your activities and your emotions and taking action when you feel that things may be getting out of control.
Spotting the warning signs
The following is a list of general question that will help you to identify if you are developing harmful gaming tendencies.
1. Do you feel that you're wasting your time when you're not gambling?
2. Between gambling sessions, do you spend an excessive amount of time planning your next bet and creating new gaming strategies?
3. Do you ever try to win back lost money by making larger and larger bets?
4. Do you ever conceal how often you bet or how much you've lost?
5. Have you noticed that your relationships have declined since you began gambling, or that you sometimes become irrationally angry after losing?
6. Do you ever use gambling as a way to avoid dealing with stressful issues in your life?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions then it's definitely time to take a break from gambling to get some perspective.
If you answered yes to several of these questions then we would recommend contacting one of the responsible gambling organisations listed in our directory for help and advice on keeping your gambling habit under control.