Online Casinos Took 2010 by StormPublished April 5, 2011
Excellent online casino quality = big profits.
Despite the recent doom and gloom in the Irish economy, Irish online bookmaker, Paddy Power, is enjoying significant success. According to its 2010 results, Paddy Power's pre-tax profits spiked by an impressive 55% to reach €104.2 million. Paddy Power is now the 3rd largest online bookmaker and the 6th largest online gambling provider in Britain and Ireland.
Luck of the Irish?
The secret to Paddy Power's 2010 success is more than just good luck - perhaps its commitment to providing a wide range of quality gaming options is the key. So what are the online gaming products that fuelled 75% of Paddy Powers' profits last year?
- Online sportsbook
- Live sports betting
- Online poker - with tournaments, a friendly community and a poker training school
- Online casino
- Live dealer casino - offers live blackjack, roulette and baccarat
- Bingo rooms
- Mobile casino
- Games - scratchcards, etc.
- Player - skills games
Impressive William Hill Performance
Paddy Power wasn't the only UK and Ireland-based online gambling provider to do well in 2010. William Hill recorded a whopping 90% increase in profit after tax, to £156 million. It seems Will Hill agrees with Paddy Power that a wide selection of betting options impresses clients; here's an overview of Will Hill's many online products:
- Sports betting (includes live-in play wagering)
- Vegas games
- Live Casino
- Virtual (horses, greyhounds, motor racing and soccer)
- Day Trader (for trying luck on the stocks and shares market)
- Mobile casino
Players will agree that both these online gaming brands offer something for every taste.