€300 Welcome Bonus
New players only, T&Cs apply, 18+
Who Will Win “World’s Richest Sports Book Prize”?Published November 18, 2012
£24,000 and a £2,000 bet among prizes awaiting William Hill annual award winner!
Top bookmaker William Hill has been sponsoring the prestigious and prize-rich William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award for excellence in sports writing since 1989. This year, excitement is reaching fever pitch with the announcement of the short list of seven final contenders.
The winner receives £24,000 in cash, a £2,000 William Hill bet, a special hand-bound copy of the winning book, a day at the races - plus the prestige and commercial clout that come with a William Hill literary award.
Short-list titles celebrate an amazingly diverse range of sports
This year’s short list includes the following – all “…readable, remarkable, and worthy contenders,” according to Award co-founder, Graham Sharpe.
- A Life without Limits – four-time Ironman Triathlon World Champion Chrissie Wellington’s autobiography
- The Secret Race – an expose of the hidden world of doping and cover-ups in the Tour de France
- That Near-Death Thing – an account of the world’s most dangerous race, The Isle of Man TT
- Shot and a Ghost – the story of the world’s number one squash player James Willstrop
- Running with the Kenyans – winning secrets of Kenyan runners
- Fibber in the Heat – the adventures of comedian Miles Jupp during England’s Test series in India
- Be Careful What You Wish for – how Simon Jordan, who bought the Crystal Palace with his self-made millions, lost everything
The winner will be announced on Monday November 26th at a reception in Waterstones Piccadilly (London), Europe’s largest bookstore.